Saturday, September 19, 2009

Wishful thinking...

I have been in a funk lately. I am getting so irritated by everybody and everything. This is not typical for me at all. I am always a very happy person and can usually find the good in all. My current funkiness is not me at all. I don't like it! I feel like infertitlity has been bringing me way down these past few weeks. Lately this is what we've been up to...
Just about everyday when I get home from work, my husband and I discuss dinner plans and we usually cook together (which I love). We then clean everything up in the kitchen and maybe do some other little house chores and by 7 PM we are usually done with it all and sitting on the couch for the rest of the eveving. I am usually pretty spent from my day with my students and enjoy some down time with my hubby, the pups and the TV. However,during these quiet times I have been doing some WISHFUL THINKING...

I wish... it wasn't so quiet around the house at that time of the afternoon and early evening.
I wish... we were both scrambling to make dinner while also trying to entertain the kids.
I wish... we had to rush home from little league practice and throw together a quick dinner.
I wish... that after dinner we had to give baths to our kids.
I wish...we had to encourage our little ones to get their homework done.
I wish... we were taking turns reading bedtime stories.
I wish... we were giving and getting sweet goonight kisses.
I wish... we knew what it felt like to be a mommy and daddy.

I know once we get there we will probably look back and truly miss some of our quiet eveings together, just the two of us... but for now its all just wishful thinking.

2 comments:

Kelli said...

I second all those wishes. Fingers crossed!

Lauren said...

I can totally relate to that post. We just want those simple things....
I hope you get them really soon!

Lauren

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers