Saturday, September 12, 2009

Yikes!

It's been a while. I have been reading many blogs but just not commenting or making any of my own. I have been super busy with the start of this school year and such. I am ALWAYS thinking about my blog friends though:) So ya, I started out this school year as a second grade teacher again. It was by far theeee smoothest start to a new year I have had thus far. I was very excited about my class. I had wonderful kids (last year not so great). But then the second week of school the other shoe dropped... because of the crappy state budget, class sizes have increased which means fewer teachers are needed and lots of shuffling happens with teachers and kids. Well, we had a 5th grade teacher from our school get moved to another school which left a position in 5th grade. Being that our numbers were a tad low in 2nd grade, they decided to move one of us to 5th. I taught 5th 2 years ago so I had a feeling it might be me. It was. So after setting up an entire classroom for second graders in about a week, I had to tear it down and rebuild a 5th grade classroom in a new room. Yuck! But I did it and all is good now. I actually acquired a really great class. I also had forgotten how nice it was to work with students that are a little more independent. So this is my 2nd full week with my new class and things seem to be calming down:)

On the pregnancy front...I STILL AM NOT! Shocker... It is just starting to get really hard hearing all of my friends and coworkers share their big news... I can't help but to just wish it were me. I want to fast forward and see how this whole thing pans out. We have a very young staff. Many of us are recently married and the principal has joked that we all are going to be pregnant at the same time. We currently have 4 of the 5 third grade teachers preggo and all due about a week apart,,,He always gets worried about what he will do. I want to just go comfort him and say "Don't worry Larry, I won't be going anywhere anytime soon. "

Well, I plan on updating more often and get better at commenting too... we'll see:)

2 comments:

Kelli said...

WOW! I think I would have a major meltdown if I was moved to a different grade right now! Way to stay positive!!

I look forward to reading more about where you've been and where your journey will take you! Welcome back!

Jill said...

Thanks for becoming a follower of my blog. I'm glad that you found me, however, I'd love to know where you came across my blog... If you remember, leave me a comment!

I've added your blog to my reader and hope to have time later this week to read more about you!

Thanks again for the follow!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers