Saturday, August 13, 2011

11 Weeks and Back to School

Time does seem to be picking up a bit around here. I am welcoming this idea. I think it is probably because I am back to work, not officially until Tuesday, but all you teacher know that it takes at least a week to prep for the big day. My classroom is as ready as it is going to get. I bought some new boarders and I am liking the new design.


Last Monday I had my first OB appointment and it went well. The baby is still looking strong and moving all over the place. I, on the other hand, had some issues. Having PCOS I have been blessed with Insulin Resistance so I took the 1 hour glucose test already and FAILED. I then went in for the 3 hour and PASSED all 4 blood draws which was great news. I am still in my first trimester though so I am expecting anything to happen. My Dr. was also not happy with my blood pressure (also can be due to PCOS) I always have had high readings at appointments because I have crazy anxiety whenever I have to go. But now, I am so nervous it is going to stick around. I did have them take it again before leaving the office and both numbers had dropped 20 points putting it back to normal. I just feel so confused. I don't know if I always have it or just when I am there. Regardless, the Doc started me on meds for it... hopefully it is all under control.


I also found out last week that my older sister, who already has 2 kiddos, 13 and 11, is pregnant!!!!!!! It was a big surprise to her and her husband (and all of us). She is almost 6 weeks along so that puts her about 5 weeks behind me! I am so excited and I think it may help to calm me down a bit. She has obviously been through it before and is way more relaxed than I am by nature anyway. I can't believe our babies are going to be so close.


I am supposed to call and schedule the NT scan this week to give our odds of having a baby with severe birth defects. I am just so on the fence about it. I am looking for your advice and opinions here...


Sorry this post is all over the place... welcome to the inside of my scrambled brain!


8 comments:

Jen said...

So glad your four hour glucose test went well, Cori! Are you still taking Metformin? Maybe you could try taking your BP when you are out and about (at like Target ot the drugstore) when you are hopefully relaxed and see if you are lower? I can't believe you are 11 weeks already! Time seems to be going so fast! I always look forward to your updates, and you continue to give me hope!

A Wife and a Teacher said...

I hope you have a good first week back at school. We have been back a week now, I am so tired by the end of the day! We choose not to do the NT scan.

Jessica Anne said...

My hubby and I were on the fence too about the NT scan. We decided to do it anyways even though we knew that we could not terminate no matter what the test showed. We were really glad that we did it in the end because we got to see the twins for about an hour!! We got some amazing pictures and videos that are priceless. So, even if you don't care about the results, i'd say go for it just for the pictures!! =)

Audrey said...

I used to have to get to my appointments at least 15 minutes early so I could sit and calm myself in the waiting room before I had to go back for them to take my BP!

Hoping for our own Peanut said...

I get nervous at appts too and my bp has been high. I hope that is the reason for yours being elevated!

As far as the NT scan, we did it with Trevor and it was awesome. The baby really looks like a baby and I remember him "waving" at us! I do it as an excuse to see our little one for a while. :) Im actually having mine on Thursday!


Internet high five for both of us reaching 11 weeks!!

Kelli said...

I hope your first week back is fantastic Cori!!! That's exciting about your sister...close cousins...fun! hugs!

Heather said...

I randomly came across your blog - and just wanted to say hello from a fellow 11 weeker (is that a word?) I am expecting our 2nd on March 3rd (if you go by the u/s) March 13th (if you go by my last period.) It will be fun to follow others who are due right around the same time. Congratulations!

LC said...

I had fun getting my room ready too this past week. Isn't it crazy how new borders can make us so happy!?! Oh the little things...
I'm glad to see your lil one is doing well!!!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers