Sunday, August 21, 2011

12 Weeks!!!

Holy Moly... still can't believe I am typing that! We are officially 12 weeks and 3 days! Praise God!


In my last post, I mentioned the NT scan and how we were on the fence about it. Well, I decided to make the call and schedule the appointment when I found out it was a 3 D ultrasound. I figured why not go look at the little one for about an hour, who turns that down? When I called they were basically saying there were no appointments open until after my "window of time". She called back the next day with a cancellation and scheduled me for Monday (tomorrow) at 12:00. I took the appointment but knew in my head it might not work out. Chris is leaving for Alaska on Monday at 7:00 AM for work and I am flying out Wednesday to meet him there. The company does this every year. He gets to sit in all kinds of meetings while they send the wives on super cool excursions. It's a free trip and always a good time. I, however, have to miss work for 3 days. There is no way I was going to miss Monday as well. Not to mention the fact that Chris would not be able to come with. It just was not ideal and I decided it just is not meant to be. I am sad I will not get to see the baby for a while now but it is just going to have to be that way. The results of the scan would not have changed anything for us anyway.


I really want to rent a doppler. Like now. I think it will help ease my mind between appointments. Have any of you done this? Which one would you recommend? I am so happy to be here at 12 weeks since it is a huge milestone, but of course I'm thinking it has been almost 2 weeks since we have seen our little one and I would love to have confirmation that all is well now so that I can feel even better about the 12 week mark. Last night I also had a tiny bit of reddish spotting. Again, it came and went so fast but I still hate it. Could be my cysts just finally going away but who knows.


I have 3 sisters. 2 step and one blood. One of my step sisters is pregnant and due in January and my blood sister is pregnant and due in April. Our family was joking about how all we needed was Stephanie to get pregnant to join the club. Yesterday, her and her family drove up from San Diego and made an announcement... Yup she is pregnant too and due at the end of March. Craziness! A whole new batch of grand babies coming right up!


It is all very exciting!


5 comments:

browning2222 said...

Lots of news in this post. First off your LUCKY for getting to go to Alaska, please take pics. Second that is so cool that all of you are pregnant at the same time. Have fun on your trip.

Chelley N said...

Congrats on making it past 12 weeks! I'm currently 16 weeks with baby #2 after a 6 year infertility struggle. Congrats again!

Jessica Anne said...

We actually bought a doppler. It was about $60 brand new on E-bay which I think beats the rental prices! Congrats on 12 weeks!! The rest is going to fly by!

A Wife and a Teacher said...

Yeah for 12 weeks!!! So many times I wish that I had a doppler, now that I can feel him moving it is better but I still wish at times that I had one. It feels like forever between appointments!! Have fun Alaska!!

angelica-maria said...

congratulations! i am OVER the MOON for u! i hate that i havent had the chance to talk to you in person!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers