Thursday, August 4, 2011

Double Digits!?!?

Today marks 10 weeks! Wow. It is unreal.


Unfortunately, the nerves have nowhere near subsided and may have even picked up a bit. The last time I had an ultrasound was at 7 1/2 weeks. It has been a LOOOONG few weeks. My RE had gone on vacation and my next appointment was scheduled for Wednesday the 10th. I did register with my regular OB and went in for blood work and such yesterday. They then scheduled me for my first appointment with them on Monday the 8th. I really wanted to see my RE FIRST. Not sure why, I think I just feel more comfortable there and wanted the reassurance from him.


I decided to call and see if my RE could squeeze me in on Monday morning before my other appointment. They didn't have anything for Monday but to my surprise she said they had an opening for tomorrow at 9:30... AHHHH. Yes, I will take it.


However, the hubs has a HUGE work thing in Mammoth this weekend and will be leaving tomorrow at 9am and will not return until Sunday evening. I decided to take the appointment anyway and my mom said she would love to join me (didn't think it would be too hard to convince her).


Of course thoughts of the worst are going through my head... No Heartbeat... Missed Miscarriage #2... Alone all weekend crying. Why do I do this to myself? There is nothing I can physically do to change the outcome. Why do I torture myself with these thoughts? You girls are probably so tired of hearing the same old story from me...


Please pray for a great ultrasound tomorrow and for me to relax!!!

5 comments:

Michelle said...

I'm praying for sure! Let me tell you, the nerves start to subside when you feel the little one moving, but then if you haven't felt him/her move in a while there goes the crazy thoughts again. Once you've dealt with a miscarriage, it's hard not to be scared. I'm 25 weeks now and still get nervous at each appointment. I'm praying for peace for both of us!

Jessica Anne said...

Good Luck Tomorrow! (not that you need it!) Like your previous poster said, even as you get further along the thought of miscarriage is still looming! I am 29 weeks and get nervous for every appointment!

If you haven't already, I highly suggest purchasing a doppler. I got mine for about 60 bucks on ebay (new) and it helps reassure me that the babies are okay! =)

Coakley's Journey said...

We will never get tired because any IFer knows all those thoughts that run through your mind. I am almost 20 weeks with the twins I still get scared between apt. I am sure everything will go as plan :)

Krista said...

Oh boy, do I know how you feel!! I'll be praying that everything looks perfect at the ultrasound tomorrow and then you'll have a GREAT weekend knowing your little one is safe and sound!! I never thought in a million years how difficult it would be to wait between ultrasounds...it is like torture!!!

Michele said...

I'm glad they were able to get you in, that was nice of them, but I'm sure they get that sort of thing a lot and are used to accommodating people.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers