Saturday, November 19, 2011

25 weeks and Off to Illinois!

My OB appointment went great and I am "Clear for Take Off"!


Unfortunately, after my trip to the OB on Monday, I started feeling like my immune system was running on fumes. It was a busy week at work tying up all of the loose ends with report cards and dealing with the 5th grade "Before Break Attitude" from my 31 little friends. We always joke at work about how once we get a break, our body feels comfortable and relaxed enough to get sick. That is what happened, I think. My throat started hurting and I had no energy. Then of course one of the girls in my class had been out with Strep for 2 days and I had a feeling I may be doomed.


Normally, I would never go to the Dr. for a sore throat that I had for just a day or two, but being pregnant and then getting ready to leave on a vacation, I made an appointment. Yesterday my doc did a throat culture and said the results would be back in a few days and that he felt it may be viral. GREAT. He didn't give me a prescription and said to just take Tylenol if needed. Today, I feel a bit better so I am hoping I am just fine and no meds are needed.


I am so happy to have the next week off and even happier that I get to spend it with my family. It is going to be hard not having my grandma there this year. This will be the first holiday season without her. We will be staying with my dad and he lives right next door to my grandma's old house. It is going to be hard. We have so much to be thankful for this year though! I am so blessed! It is hard to believe that this will be our final "Childless Holiday Season".


ERIN!!! I commented on my last post about maybe meeting up! Let me know:)


1 comment:

Hoping for our own Peanut said...

Hey! Just reading this now, its been a crazy few days! We live in Lisle, I want to say its about 30 min from Algonquin. Email me at TERobertson18@aol.com and maybe we can figure something out. Im not sure how soon you leave.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers