Friday, November 25, 2011

26 Weeks and Oh So Thankful!

Yesterday was a fantastic day spent with family and tons of delicious food. It also marked the 26 week mark in my pregnancy. And for that, I am oh so thankful. The little guy seemed to enjoy his first Thanksgiving meal because he was jumping around for a while after dinner.


We are here in Illinois spending time with my dad's side of the family. He helped design and build his own log home a few years ago and it is absolutely gorgeous. I love just hanging and relaxing in the house because it feels so cozy and like I am on a real vacation away from the craziness of LA. It is just perfect.


As far as the pregnancy goes, I am pretty sure the swelling and water retention has made it's appearance. At night I wake up several times because my hands hurt and have gone numb. (I know this could be carpal tunnel) Then when I wake up they ache for a few hours. Today, I went for a long walk and my hands and feet were swollen when I got back. I am drinking tons of water and will cut down on the sodium intake hoping it will help. Other than those couple of things, I feel great.


So much to be thankful for...

3 comments:

Michele said...

Glad to hear that overall things are going well, sorry to hear that some of the more negative aspects have kicked in.

Kelli said...

Cori...so happy things are going well! Ooh, I would love to see a pic of the log cabin...sounds amazing! Also, not sure if it helps but I know when run/walking if you keep your hands up (above your hips) it can help with the swelling.

browning2222 said...

That is great that you are having such a relaxing time on your vacation. (I live in Southern Illinois and it is pretty laid back here) I have nominated you for the liebster award.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers