Sunday, April 15, 2012

2 Months

The last 2 months have flown by. I can't believe how much Carson has changed already since he was born. I am so glad we bought the monthly stickers because I already love looking back to see the changes and it has only been 2 MONTHS!
This was the first photo shoot that we actually were able to capture some real smiles. I'm sure you can imagine they super annoying, high squeaking tone involved here:)


Cheeeese:)
Dr. Visit-On Monday, Carson had his first set of shots at his 2 month check-up. Chris went with and we we gave the baby a pep talk the whole way to the appointment;) When we got in the room, she measured him and then we stripped him down to be weighed. He usually cries at that point because it is freezing in there, but not that day, he was happy as can be. His official measurements were 21 inches long and 9 pounds 7 ounces. He was pretty much right around the 10th percentile for everything which was actually a jump from where he had been (usually hovering around the 3rd percentile). The Dr. said everything looked great and she was happy with his growth. Next up, shot time. Chris got to hold him for this part. The nurse came in and gave him some drops in his mouth (to protect him from a stomach virus of some sort) 2 shots in his left leg and one in his right:( He screamed for a few seconds afterwards and then seemed to be ok. We were shocked because we imagined him to be screaming all the way out to the parking lot. Later that night was a little rough. We could tell his legs were sore and he was uncomfortable. We gave him a little baby Tylenol and that was that.
Sleep- Sleep has been pretty good around here. We seem to be getting into a decent routine that works for us. He sleeps for about a 5 to 6 hour stretch at night, wakes up to eat then goes back to sleep. I do find that he sleeps a lot better when he gets a bath right before bedtime so we are trying to incorporate that into our nightly routine. During the day, he wakes up around 6:30 eats, plays, then takes about a 2 hour nap and that cycle continues until about 9:30 pm. Until this week, we has been sleeping in his Rock N Play for naps and night time. I a really trying to get him used to being in his crib more. Once asleep, he seems to sleep a lot better in his crib because we can close the door and not bother him with the noises around the house. I have learned that I HAVE to put him in his crib pretty much 1 hour to the dot after he woke up from his last nap or else he gets too tired and overstimulated. If we do it right, he will lay in there and fall asleep on his own without fussing at all. I think this having him in his own room thing is harder for me than him at this point. I like being able to look over and check on him. But the Angel Care video monitor does help that a bit:)
Here he is sleepin' hard in his crib all swaddled up tight...
My best friend during nap time...
Eating- He eats about 3-4 ounces every 3 hours during the day. We have added a tiny bit of rice cereal to his formula to help with his reflux so he seems to get full from 3 ounces often. His reflux seems to be under control now too:)
Here are some of our other activities from this week...
I had great company while I tried to clean that nightmar-ish closet of mine.
Nana Sue took us shopping for a Dodger sweatshirt because we were supposed to take Carson to his first game on Friday night , but the weather ended up sucking so we had to ditch the tickets. We will be ready for next time:)

And we did a lot of cooing and practicing with our vocal cords this week. I just love the sweet sounds he makes... This was a video I recorded during tummy time. He isn't too sure if he likes it or not but I love the sounds he is making.
2 months in the books! I love him oh so much.

3 comments:

SurlyMama said...

What a great smile! He is so cute!

Kelli said...

ahhh! adorable!!!!

Chelley N said...

Those smiles are just precious! And he is soooo tiny!!!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers