Tuesday, December 20, 2011

29 weeks and Nursery Progress!

I was 29 weeks last Thursday! We did have an ultrasound with my high risk doctor on Friday and it went OK. Just Ok because it definitly could have gone better.


Basically, I found out that I do indeed have a clotting disorder Lupus Anticoagulant sp? Which put me at risk for blood clots and could potentially be a danger during pregnancy. She did not say right away to star blood thinners as I have never had an issue with this before. She mentioned many people have this and never know it because they never have an issue. She then went ahead and did the ultrsound saying, "Let's measure the baby and then discuss it further as this may change our direction." Sure enough, he was measuring a bit small. Most of the measurements were around 28 weeks and a few days (I was 29 weeks and 1 day) so not too bad, but his abdomen measured 27 weeks and 5 days. She said this was a bit concerning since this is how they measure how well nourished the baby is. Blood thinner injections were still optional to her at this point and I decided it was best to go that route. I would much rather error on the side of caution. She is not 100% sure this is the cause for him measuring behind, but I am willing to test it out. SO on Firday night, I started Lovenox injections. My stomach looks beautifully bruised but I am ok with it all as long as it keeps the baby healthy. I will go back to her the 28th to do another scan and hope that he has continued to grow. Praying this is the case! I am really trying not to stress over this.


On a happier note: WE ORDERED THE NURSERY FURNITURE! It feels so surreal. I actually got an email today that it is ready to be picked up. I am so excited. We also went out and bought the paint for the nursery and our bedroom and Chris will be working hard on those rooms in the next few days while I finish up work. His vacation starts tomorrow. I have taken some pictures to document the "before". I can't wait to post the "after" pics.


2 comments:

browning2222 said...

Can't wait to see the nursery done.

I hope the injections help with everything.

A Wife and a Teacher said...

I know you are excited about the nursery!!! I hope the shots help. I know it is hard but try to relax!!!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers