Tuesday, January 3, 2012

30 and 31 weeks and NON Stress Tests...

I missed my first weekly update... I knew it would happen at some point and it make sense that it happened over the holiday week. We were crazy busy.


As of my last post, I was starting my Lovenox injections and I am still currently doing them. They seem to be going just fine. I don't mind them too much at all. I also went back in to see my high risk doctor for another growth scan as our little guy was measuring small the week before. This ultrasound seemed to go better. Although he was still measuring a bit small, he had grown since the last ultrasound and she was happy about that. If he stopped growing altogether, she would have been more concerned. I felt good about that news. She also wanted me to begin the Non Stress Tests twice a week starting today.


I love how they are called Non Stress Tests. It didn't seem to NOT STRESS ME OUT. They hooked me up to the fetal heart rate monitor and strapped it around my belly. Then she gave me a button that I had to press each time he moved. They wanted a print out of his heart rate for about 20 minutes. Well, he was indeed moving around and kicking so I kept pressing the button. Then, when she came in to check on me she seemed concerned. I guess they want to see the heart rate jump 10 beats from the baseline... his was going up when he moved, but not 10 beats..?? She left again and I sat there and started to stress. While sitting there in the dark room, listening to my son's heart beating away, I started to get emotional. I just get so worried about every. little. thing. I feel like each time I go in to the doctor, I leave with something new to worry about. All of these crazy thoughts go through my head. I keep waiting for the next milestone and feel like the worry will subside. It never does. I know that with being a mother, I will probably find something to worry about him for the rest of my life.


When the nurse came back in the room, she did a quick ultrasound to check fluid levels and ripped off the print out from the machine. I has to sit in her office while she went to show the report to the doctor. I guess this is what they always do. She came back and said everything looked fine and I will do it all again on Friday. So, I guess the little guy passed his first test:) I will try not to stress too much for the future NSTs, since I will be doing this for the next 6-7 weeks.


Besides the holiday craziness, we are also working on home improvements including the nursery. We painted and the hubby and my father in law just finished up the paneling in that room. I can't wait to post pictures of the before and after madness. It is pretty amazing.


We also planned my shower date and it is quickly approaching. It looks like I'll be having a C-Section around February 24th (as of now). This is just a little over 6 weeks away people! That coupled with the fact that I have 3 more weeks of vacation ahead of me, I am ready to rock and roll on getting these baby tasks accomplished.


Wishing you all the very best in 2012!!!

1 comment:

A Wife and a Teacher said...

I'm glad your little guy is growing! It sounds like you have been busy! Try to get some rest and not stress too much!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers