We hit the 35 week mark which feels like a huge milestone for me. I do truly feel that if this baby must come early, he will be ok... Good thing since we had a huge scare yesterday and I thought baby boy may have made his appearance yesterday on my brother's birthday.
I went back to work this week for the first time since before Christmas, our school gets 4 weeks off. So I was feeling much more tired than usual and noticed more swelling all over but attributed it to being back at work. My NST on Tuesday was uneventful and my BP was great. Yesterday, I went in for an NST and an OB appointment and my BP was 160/110. Yikes. The second time she took it it was 145/105. Still way too high. My OB came in and said the question wasn't IF I was going to L and D for this 3rd Friday in a row, it was how I was getting there by ambulance or car. Ya that freaked me out. My mom was at the appointment with me and called Chris right away. I am seriously starting to feel like the girl who cried wolf. He dropped what he was doing and went home to pack me a quick bag. The last two trips I just knew I would be coming home after extra monitoring. This time, I was not so sure. My OB seemed to think he was going to be delivered this weekend.
When I got to labor and delivery, they admitted me to room 5 (The same room my sister had just left from being sent there earlier that morning for high BP as well) The nurses all recognized my mom since she had been there with her too. Crazy day.
Once hooked up, the baby looked great on the monitors and my blood pressure had come way down. (135/88) I was there for a while before the Doctor came in and did an ultrasound. Again all looked well and she sent me home on strict bed rest. I was so glad. She did say if at anytime my BP goes up from here on out they will probably deliver him. She is confident he will do just fine. I got sent with a 24 hour urine jug and strict orders to stay down as much as possible.
My last day of work was supposed to be this coming Wednesday, but I had to call the principal and tell him the change of plans. I am kind of sad because I was not able to say good bye to my students but I will send an email to the long term sub for her to read to them.
I have an appointment on Tuesday with my high risk doctor and will see what she thinks especially after gettng the results of my latest 24 hour urine test.
I have a feeling I will be blogging a lot these next few weeks to keep me busy:)

3 comments:
What are your bedrest rules (can you do anything besides get up to go to the bathroom)?
Wow Cori...can't believe you are already here! Glad things are better...rest up..wish I could bring you something...so thinking of you!
Post a Comment