Last Thursday we made it to 33 weeks! Time seems to be sllllooooowwwwwinnnnggggg way down. I am getting so excited but with that comes even more anxiety and stress of course.
On Friday the 13th, which generally happens to be a lucky day for me since my favorite number is 13, turned out not to be a super fantastic day. I was scheduled for 3 different baby appointments taking place between two different offices about 25 miles from each other. I started off the day with the two appointments closest to my house. First, an NST followed by a regular OB appointment to schedule my C Section date with that doctor. Well, the NST did not go super duper. Apparently, his baseline heart rate was in the high 160's to 170's and we did not get two good accelerations out of him in the time that I was there. My fluid levels all measured fine, but when the Dr. checked the NST graph, she was not pleased. She kind of went in panic mode and said she was sending me to Labor and Delivery. She called the hospital while I was in her office and told them I was coming and some of my history. I reminded her I had an appointment with the high risk doctor down there in like 2 hours and she said "Well, she will have to come see you in the hospital. " I of course was freaking out. I thought he was coming that day.
So off we went. To the hospital. 3rd Floor. Labor and Delivery.
We were scheduled to take the hospital tour Monday (yesterday) and yet I guess I got myself a private tour a few days earlier. They admitted me, put me in a gown and hooked me up to the monitors. The baby's heart rate was now in the 150's (which is normal for him) but he was still not having the accelerations they were looking for. My pulse on the other hand, was off the charts and I kept making their little alarm go off... I was so nervous. Eventually, it came down and I stopped sounding the alarm :)
After about an hour, my high risk doctor came in and did the ultrasound she had me scheduled for that afternoon. All in all, she said he looked great, she was able to see enough movement from him on the ultrasound to see he was doing just fine. He is still measuring 2 weeks behind but he continues to grow the same amount each time we go. She was happy with that and so was I. She thinks he is just going to be a small baby...
We scheduled the C- Section for the 24th of February and she discharged me. Phew. Being in that room made it really real. I was not ready for him yet. Of course I cannot wait to meet him and hold him in my arms, but I just want him to be super healthy and ready come out!
Here was a picture of my room before I left... Nice and big. Just wasn't ready to be in there yet...

Today I went in for another NST (I have to go twice a week until he comes) and he passed. I was so happy we were not placed in the same predicament. Keep growing little buddy! I can't wait to meet you in a few more weeks!
This Sunday is my shower!!!!!!! SOOOOOO excited!

5 comments:
Wow Cori! Glad it worked out for the best....so excited for you. Have fun at your shower!
I can definitely relate! I got sent to L&D after my NST last week....but was there for a week....ugh! My boys always look great....Mommy is the problem though...boooo!!!
Glad you got to go home and that your latest NST went great! My little sister always measured a little small when my Mom was pregnant with her...and now she is taller than me (stinker!) Your C-section is right around the corner, can't believe we are so close now!
Kind of scary, I'm glad it all turned out for the best.
I can not believe you are that far along already, I can not believe I'm as far along as I am. Time is flying for me.
Oh boy, Cori! How scary, I am glad your perinatologist hopefully put you at ease a little bit! I have been following all along with you, I am so sorry I haven't posted in awhile. Thinking of you!
Post a Comment