My 34th week of pregnancy started off with another trip to L&D. Little guy did not pass his NST again on Friday so off we went. This time, I knew the drill but was still very nervous while I was there. they hooked me up to the monitors and I was there for about 2 1/2 hours. The doctor finally came in and said I had the happiest baby on the floor. Apparently, the other women in there getting monitored were not looking as good as me. She said my baby was behaving and sent me home. Ahhhh... a sigh of relief. Until my next NST anyway:)
Fortunately, I was able to make it to my own baby shower on Sunday. I was so emotional that morning as I got ready and drove myself there. I just could not believe I was on my way to my own shower. I have driven myself to so many showers in my day wondering when or if ever it would be my turn. Well... It was my turn on Sunday. And this was the craziest feeling ever. My mom, sister and best friend did a great job getting it all together. We had it in a private room at a restaurant. It was a perfect day. We are so blessed.
The gift pile was a little overwhelming. I could not believe how much stuff we got.
This is me and my niece... Love her.
The cake! Our nursery theme is navy and green. We are also kind of accenting with turtles. This came about because our last name is Sheldon, everyone has always called Chris "Shelly" throughout high school and college sports. We nicknamed our little guy Baby Shelly and then kinda took off with the turtle theme. So our cake was fitting.
The shower was super fun and I felt so blessed to have such great family and friends and to be in this place at all. Last night, however, was one of my favorite memories of my pregnancy so far. When I got home from work, Chris was busy in the nursery organizing and going through all of the awesome things we got. He was so cute and loved looking at all of the little tiny clothes. We decided to take all the clothes out and wash them. We sat in front of the TV and cut off tags and separated clothes into the hampers we got. We laughed about how we were never going to have a clean, clutter free house again. And we are more than welcoming that idea.
We Can Not Wait!!!!!!!! One month from today we will be meeting this little man.

3 comments:
What a great shower!! I hope the next month goes by fast and is uneventful for you! You are right, you will not have a clutter free home anytime soon!! It is amazing how much room such a little person takes up.
I am so happy for you. They did an awesome job on the centerpieces and everything looked cute. This morning I was just crying while laying in bed thinking about my shower (my family started planning it), but I cannot wait. Only a couple more weeks and we will get the baby announcement post.
You look great! And I love the turtle theme/nickname.
Those centerpieces are adorable. Ive never seen them like that before.
Post a Comment