I knew everything I think I ever wanted to know about pregnancy, birth, Csections and so on... I spent so much time learning about all of that and I never really thought about what it would be like to actually have my own child in my arms. Sure, I have been around tons of babies. I grew up taking care of my nieces and nephews. I always have felt comfortable around babies, but I think subconsciously, I never thought I would ever be lucky enough to have one of my VERY own. Well, here we are. In the wonderful world of parenthood and we are learning new things every day!
Lesson #1- I get very little accomplished throughout the day. At this point it is not because he is crying or needs my time, but because I can't stop staring at him. I could sit and hold him all. day. long. When, I am not holding him, I just want to be next to him looking at his sweet face, listening to all of his tiny sounds and grunts. He is just way too precious.
Lesson #3 We find ourselves doing things we may have never imagined doing. Tuesday night was Valentine's Day. Our first holiday as a family. Chris went out to our favorite Sushi place and picked up some sushi to bring home. We sat listening to love songs, by candle light staring at our baby boy. It could not have been more perfect. We were both crying as we reminisced about our journey to get to this place. We were thanking each other for giving the best gift ever and just being super cheesy and mooshy. Now, Chris is very much a romantic and is not afraid to show emotions but I on the other hand don't tend to cry over things that make me happy. I never have. When he proposed to me on the beach in Maui he teared up and then asked why I hadn't and my response was "Because I am so happy! And being happy doesn't make me cry!" and we both laughed. Well, I was balling my eyes out at our dining room table that night and it was because I was overwhelmed with happiness. So there goes that theory!
Lesson #4 Being a parent makes you do super silly things. Chris and I were at Babies R Us yesterday picking up a few things. We stopped to look at something and he put his hand on my back (not unusual) but then he proceeded to pat and rub it. He stopped and looked at me and said, "I'm pretty sure I was just trying to burp you!" Haha. I was thinking the same thing. We could not stop cracking up. We both have also noticed that we rock and bounce when we stand even when we don't have the little guy in our arms.
I know for a fact we have a ton more to learn and I can't wait. This has been the best week of my life. No joke.

4 comments:
What a cute little guy!! Parenthood is great, isn't it? I feel the same way about my girls... all I want to do is snuggle with them and stare into their eyes =) Glad to hear you and your family are doing well.
Your son is just precious Cori! Love the baseball theme....! I love that you are enjoying everything! :o)
Congrats again.
Enjoy this time and be sure to rest as well.
All so true... and wonderful! Congrats!
Post a Comment