When Carson was born and we were in the hospital for recovery, we planned on having him circumcised while we were there. Well, since he was so tiny they would not do the procedure until he gained weight. He had to be 5 pounds 9 ounces and he was only 5 pounds 5 ounces. SO, we left the hospital with a date for him to have the procedure done as an outpatient. I knew it would be much harder this way for us. I just wanted it to be done and over with. The appointment they gave us was March 1st... his original due date.
What better way to celebrate your 3 week birthday than to say farewell to your foreskin, right? So, off we went this morning... Me, Carson and our reinforcements: The Grandmas! I knew I was going to be a wreck and was so glad they were there with me. We all went back into the room at first and waited there for the doctor to be ready for the procedure. My little guy was fast asleep and had no idea what was about to hit him:( It made me so sad to think of how he was going to be screaming his face off soon:(
Below is a picture of the CIRCUMSTRAINT I was staring at that was about to have my baby boy strapped to it.
The doctor and nurse finally came in and sent us out to the waiting room. Although I was heartbroken leaving my little boy in there by himself, I knew I would have been no good in there. I don't think they would have let us stay even if we had wanted to. We waited for about 20 minutes an eternity and then the nurse came out to get us. He wasn't crying in her arms at that moment but once she handed him over to me I cold tell by the look and color on his face he had been crying for probably that whole 20 minutes. I gave him a bottle and sang to him to try and calm him down. It seemed to work and he fell asleep on my chest. We had to wait there for another 40 minutes so they could re-check him to make sure the bleeding was under control. It was and they then sent us on our way.
You can see that he was sleeping in his stroller on our way to the car but he continued to scowl in his sleep all the way home.
For the rest of this evening we have been getting some good cuddle time in. He is seemingly back to himself disposition wise. He doesn't like to be changed but who can blame him?.?
Cuddle Time in full effect!So 3 weeks of being a mommy and I am so in love. I love our new life!

4 comments:
Hi Cori!! I have been really bad on here but congrats....love his name. And I personally can't think of a better way to spend your original "d-day" I have an adoption blog set up now on my blog....come by and check it out sometime. =0)
Poor baby!!! Glad he is doing well.
That's not really something you want to have to put off for any length of time. Glad you both made it though it.
Poor baby and mama! I was in the room when my youngest got circumcised and he didn't make a peep... I was shocked!
Post a Comment