Tuesday, May 17, 2011

The Happenings

It has been 2 weeks since my last post... I have been reading your blogs but haven't been commenting much. I have been crazy busy with stuff that has not been so fun.

My grandma passed away about a week and a half ago. My sister and I flew out to Chicago to be with my family and to attend the funeral. The funeral was obviously full of emotions which deserves a post of it's own so I am going to leave it at that for now.

Our California State Testing is this week which pretty much turns me into a nut-job. The expectations for our students these days are set super high. As a teacher, I am expected to get EVERY student to meet these expectations. I feel that each student has so much to offer and this doesn't always show on a standardized test. However, I do not have a say in the matter. So, the test is given whether I like it or not.

As far as the baby making goes, I am still on BC since my RE was out of town when I started my cycle. I have 2 days left and then I wait for AF again. I am just feeling very "Whatever" about everything. I am not getting my hopes up for the next cycle even though it is much more involved. I just can't believe it has been an entire year (this week) since we conceived. Deep down I really thought I would be pregnant again by now. Goes to show what I know.

I really didn't mean for this post to be so blah and negative, but I guess it just turned out that way. So I am going to end it on a positive note.... My hubby won a Cruise at a golf tournament the other day! I was stoked. I have never been on a Cruise and we are in desperate need of a vacay.

Hope this is just the start to a pattern of good luck in the very near future.

2 comments:

Nichole said...

So sorry to hear about your grandma!

Yay for the cruise! I hope you guys have a WONDERFUL time!

Jen said...

Hi Cori! I am so sorry to hear about your grandma. I just lost mine a month ago and it was so tough...
I have been wondering how you've been doing. We're both in the same boat with taking a cycle off. I made it through the first week ok but am totally starting to lose my mind! I am so impatient with waiting for my next cycle to start! I hope you're hanging in there and doing alright. Yay in the cruise, that is so exciting!

Hang in there girl, we'll be back In the game soon enough! We must need to stay synched up our something ;)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers