My RE prescribed me Brav.elle Injections. I had never heard of this drug which shocked me since I have read so many of your blogs during your cycles. Hope it is a decent one. It should be since it rang up at a whopping $800.00. That is with my 50% insurance coverage. I knew these meds were going to be expensive but I just didn't know HOW expensive. Super way to start off the 3 day weekend. I started the shots last night and will continue them until I go back in on Tuesday.
He did mention the possibility of me being over stimulated with these injections. He put me on a super low dose but since I seem to respond well to clomid alone, he is expecting me to respond well to this as well, hopefully just not too well. He brought up the fact that if there are too many follicles at the time of trigger, he would be uncomfortable doing the insemination for the risk of ending up with more than 2 babies. He suggested that if overstimulation does turn out to be the case he would recommend one of two things: cancel the cycle OR convert it into an IVF so that he could harvest the follicles and control how many go back in. Crossing my fingers it just all goes as planned and those options aren't needed.
So, that is where we are at.
I am holding on to the fact that I know two girls from high school that I have randomly run into at my RE's office and BOTH of them have a set of boy girl twins thanks to an IUI from my doc. I like those odds.
Today was a gorgeous day here in So Cal. I woke up early and met up with my best friend. We headed to the beach, had breakfast, shopped at the little stores around the pier and enjoyed the sun. Hope you are all enjoying your Memorial Day weekend.

1 comment:
HI Cory,
I just stumbled over to you from Miss Mac's blog. Nice to meet you! We used bravelle as part of our ivf cycle. It is a pretty standard medication - FSH. Sometimes people use folistem as FSH too. Bravelle is a bit cheaper though, so it is nice that your dr is helping to keep your costs down. I was curious why they are adding the bravelle if you were responding well to the clomid? Our first clomid cycle (at 100 mg) almost got canceled because I had too many follicles. We had to sign a paper warning us of multiples, and have a talking to about selective reduction before the RE would proceed with the IUI. How many follicles have you had using clomid? My Dr could tell via ultrasound how many were developing, and then after the trigger have a pretty good estimate of how many released. My Dr also told us that the odds of conceiving via IUI drop to less than 5% after the 4th IUI, nut I don't know if there is a translation to medicated cycles or not.
Probably way more info that you want in a comment. What I really should be saying is congrats on getting to have another try this month! I hope that this is just what you need to get that pregnant!
Best of luck!
Post a Comment