Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Shots... Shots... Shots.... Everybody....

Ya, too bad I am not talking about those kinda shots. I have been doing my injections for 5 days now and tonight will be day 6. I went for an ultrasound yesterday and found that I had 6 small follicles growing. I can't remember the exact measurements but I know that they were all ranging between 6mm-9mm. I felt like they all seemed a little slow to grow.I expected them to be a little bit larger, I guess it was only day 8 and I had only done a total of 4 injections at that point. He seemed to be ok with their sizes and didn't feel like I would be overstimulated at this point so....

He told me to up my dose from 2 Bra.velles a night to 3.

I will then go back in on Friday for another check. I really don't know what to expect for each visit this time since it is my first round like this. Usually with Cl.omid I don't go in until day 10 and then sometimes on day 13 or 14. I know they need to monitor me more closely with the new meds but I am just so tired of spending money.

Making babies is supposed to be free and fun...

Anyone have any words of wisdom for an IUI? I feel like I kinda know what to expect but not really. How long does it usually take? What do you do before the procedure? Full Bladder or Empty? I know the office will probably fill me in on all of this but I would love to hear your stories too if you have any!

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

Hey lady..we need to chat on email more :) waletzko24@hotmail.com ...I have a wealth of knowledge about iuis !! Lets talk

Shannon said...

Each office will probably handle the IUI process a little differently, but from my experience, there wasn't a whole lot involved from my end. I will say that my first IUI was painful and I wasn't expecting that at all. They use the same metal piece used when you get a pap. That started out uncomfortable to me. Then, when the Dr inserted the catheter to perform the IUI, the pain became much more intense. So, I recommend letting them know you are uncomfortable at first if you are because the experience will be much more pleasant. The 2nd IUI I didn't even feel a thing! I hope that is the case for you, too. Afterwards, I rested on my back with knees up for about 10 minutes. Some offices will do an u/s after, but not all. After that, I was free to go. I started taking progesterone inserts the night of the IUI and I really feel like that helped. Sorry I just wrote a novel...If you have any other questions, please email me: shannon.cardwell@yahoo.com

Shannon said...

Oh, and full bladder :) That's always fun!

Jen said...

I hope things are going well for you sweetie! I am going to be asking YOU for IUI advice one I finally get to start again! Good god how crazy does it sound that I am actually excited to start shooting myself up again?! I hope you're doing alright with them, looking forward to hearing how things go!! Thinking of you!!

Kelli said...

Most of mine were fine but the last two were harder..I think because of the meds. I had one really long and painful one it was simply awful...I guess my cervix was angled funny. ick. Overall experience...not too bad!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers