Today was the day. Hubby went in to do his "thang" at 8 am. He was just about as nervous as I was since this was his first time. He took care of biz and I went in at 9:30. The RE said his numbers looked great (count at 40 million and mobility @ 80%) both well within the normal range.
Then it was my turn. I was very nervous but that is nothing new for me, I am always nervous at my appointments. He came in and checked my ovaries. Much to my surprise, I had 3 follicles on the right and possibly 2 on the left that he thought were going to drop at any moment. I was shocked being that we were looking at only one promising one and a few other small ones at my last appointment. All of those positive vibes from you girls must have done the trick. The procedure itself took about 5 minutes tops. I guess my cervix was cooperating nicely. I was happy to hear that.
While he was doin' work down there, he was asking me how I felt about multiples. He said I had a 25% chance at twins and 10% at triplets. I wasn't sure how to answer that. I am just hoping for at least one perfect baby. If we were blessed with more than that I would be just as happy.
After the IUI I laid there for about 10 minutes and then they said I was good to go. I did have some cramping for the next few hours and did not sit down for the rest of the day since tonight was open house at my school. It freaked me out a bit. I wished I could just come home and relax on the couch. Any other day I would have probably taken the entire day off but today it was not an option. I know it is not supposed to effect the situation but I am sure it wouldn't have hurt it either.
So, now we wait. I hope and pray this works for us.
Please, please, please with a cherry on top.

7 comments:
Good luck I'll be praying for you...
Thinking of you Cori!! Sending lots of good vibes! Sounds like you had a great response!! What an awesome surprise!!
Lots of luck to you.
Cori!! So excited for you!! Hope all goes well tonight at open house and you can relax the rest of the school year!! I am sending you good thoughs and wishes! hugs!!
hoping and praying for the best! :)
I have high high hopes for you!! Prayin..
Congrats on your IUI Cori! I hope this is IT for you!!!!
Post a Comment