Sunday, June 19, 2011

I Wonder...



If Chris will ever get a Father's Day card from anyone other than our dogs...






Yep, I am one of those people who buys a card from the "From the Dog" section at Hallmark for the hubs. I always used to laugh at those cards and the people buying them but now I am one of those people.






I mean in all reality, the dogs are our children right now. We talk about them to each other and other people all of the time. We make plans for them when we are going on a trip or even when we both are going to have a long work day. Both of our moms refer to them as their



"Grand- Doggies" and treat them as such.






Day to day I never really think about how sad it makes me. Days like today, Father's Day, it makes me really wonder if this is it. If we are just destined to be Dog Parents and nothing more. In my heart I know that can't be true, but in my "now" it is the reality.






Last year, I was actually able to buy Chris a real Father's Day card. It was a "Father to Be" card. I even got him a small gift and it was so fun to think about how this time next year we would have a baby of our own to celebrate the day with. Well, obviously that didn't really work out as planned.






Chris is going to make an amazing daddy one day, I am sure of it. I just hope it is sooner than later.

3 comments:

Diana said...

U will not be just "dog parents".. :) stay strong and believe that it WILL happen! Maybe next year we will be the year to celebrate and give a Fathers Day card from baby and dog :)

Krista said...

Father's Day was hard for us too, Cori. When we were leaving Costco today..the elderly lady that checks your receipt as you are walking out the door asked Matt if he was a Father..he was like "nope!" As we were walking away...I said "thanks for reminding us," and Matt goes "I know." It made me sad because it is my fault he is not a daddy and he will make such a good one. :-( I didn't know about the dog cards or I definitely would have gotten him one of those...he would have loved it! :-)

browning2222 said...

Don't feel bad I usually get my hubby a Father's Day card from the dogs but I just couldn't do it this year for some reason. We have done the IF stuff for 3 years now and it just seems like this year was the hardest year for me on Fathers Day, I guess maybe b/c we have been told that all of this is officially my fault now and there is nothing that I can do about it.
I hope that next year you can by your hubby a fathers day card from your child. Lots of luck.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers