Monday, June 13, 2011

Wishing on a...




There are so many moments throughout each day that I find myself making a wish. The same wish over and over again (for about the last 5 years).




I never have really stopped and thought about how many circumstances I run into on a consistent basis that require me to make that wish.



Here are some of the most common ones I tend to always make my wish on:






Star- Whenever you see a shooting star... make a wish!








Fountain- Throw a penny into the fountain and... make a wish!








Birthday Cake- When you blow out your candles... make a wish!








Dandelion- Blow that flower and... make a wish!








Full Moon- Any night that the moon is full and bright... make a wish!








Then, it gets kinda crazy... Not sure where I have heard all of these from but it never fails, when the situation presents itself... I make my wish.








A truck full of hay bails... make a wish! My mom always said it when I was a kid and it stuck. We don't see a ton of hay trucks around here but when I do, I make my wish.








11:11... make a wish! Whenever you look at the clock and the time reads 11:11 AM 0r PM.








Eyelash on your cheek... make a wish! Ha this one is funny. As a kid whenever a friend or anyone saw a loose eyelash on your cheek you got to blow it off and make a wish.








Necklace Clasps... When a friend catches your necklace clasp all the way backwards (so it is around at the front) they can fix it for you and tell you to make a wish.








Driving through a tunnel...Make a wish! When you are the passing through a tunnel you are supposed to hold your breath and make a wish.








I think that is it. However, when I started thinking about it I realized I now do it subconsciously and it is just a funny little thing about me. I can't pass up a good wish. Even though I have obviously proven that none of these have been working in any kind of a timely manner.








For now, I'll just keep on wishin'!


3 comments:

browning2222 said...

I love this post, it made me smile because believe it or not I do the same things. (Although I haven't heard of the hay bale one but I love it because my husband farms hay)

Miss Mac said...

I hadn't heard of some of those... but I think it's a great plan not to pass up a good wish:]

Cori said...

:) Thanks girls! By the way... I keep trying to comment on both of your posts but it won't let me:( I am reading and thinking about you girls though!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers