For the first couple days after my second Beta I felt great and so positive about this pregnancy. Now that some time has passed, the anxiety is setting in again. I just wish I could relax.
I have been having the same symptoms and I even mentioned to Chris last night that I felt "more pregnant" this time around. I am still getting waves of nausea, sore boobs, crampiness on and off (more off than on) and I have been pretty tired. My appetite has been funky too. I just can't stop thinking about how I am still a few weeks away from the 8 week mark (about the time I lost the baby last time). I wonder if once I pass that milestone I will feel better.
I am definitely happy and so thankful to be here in this very place. I just want to be able to relax and enjoy the moments and I am not there yet.

4 comments:
I know EXACTLY how you feel... I worried so much toward the beginning and was terrified to used the rest room. I also cried when my dr came in at my 8 week appointment, fearing I'd have another bad ultrasound. Now that I can feel him move, I have such a calmness about the pregnancy. It's easy to get anxious and worry... just hang in there and know you're in my prayers :]
I also previously miscarried at 8 weeks, and it was tough to relax until I passed that mark. I still have brief moments of worry and my heart stops before every ultrasound, but it is much better. Things will get better for you, too. One thing that helped me is realizing that worrying or mentally preparing myself for something to go wrong isn't going to make it hurt any less if it does. So enjoy this moment :)
You sound just like me! After the excitement of getting the BFP wears off, the anxiety and worry steps in. I felt that way from 5 weeks to 9 weeks. After my ultrasound at 9 weeks and I saw a great-looking fetus, the worry dropped (a little). Even today (and I'm almost 17 weeks) I worry. It's just so natural, especially for infertile women. Just try to embrace this pregnancy. It really is happening! Enjoy that little bean growing inside of you. :)
I have definitely started to feel the anxiety of my last miscarriage. It's like I can't let myself enjoy this time because I am so worried that it could end in heart break again. Any advice as to things that helped you cope? I don't have an ultrasound scheduled until the 22nd and I am already dying here. Thanks hon! Btw - how long did the crampiness last?
Post a Comment