I went in yesterday morning for my second blood draw around 9:00. The office was packed because they were only going to be there from 8 to 10. It was the longest I had ever had to wait to get called back for anything and all I needed was a tiny little blood draw... My nerves were crazy. I figured I wouldn't get the results until Monday anyway since they were leaving at ten so I knew I just needed to relax and told myself whatever happens happens.
I finally got called back at like 9:40 and my favorite nurse drew my blood, She then said Dr. M would get the results this afternoon at home and would call me when they came in. I was so excited I didn't have to wait until Monday morning. On my way out, he even congratulated me again and said how great my numbers looked from Thursday.
Then off we went to wait for the call... I waited by my phone all day. Nothing. We were out bike shopping for the hubs and I kinda was able to keep my mind off the call until about 3:00. Then I was freaking out. "What if he has the results and just doesn't want to ruin my weekend?" or "What if he just forgot since the nurses usually make the call?" and yada-yada-yada.
At about 3:45 we decided to drive to Moorpark which is about a 30 minute drive to continue the bike hunt. I kept looking at my phone like I was a high school girl waiting for a boy to call. Then, I was so tired I must have dozed off for like 10 minutes. I thought for sure my phone was not on vibrate. I swear I checked that a million times. Well, I was wrong. I woke up and looked at my phone to find a missed call from a restricted number. I knew it had to be him. I listened to the message and he basically said
" Hi Cori, Your beta came back great. The rise was perfect, Call on Monday to set up your first ultrasound." Then I put it on speaker and let the hubs hear it. I was so relieved but I really wanted to know the exact number. I am ok with the fact that he used the words "perfect and "Great" in his message though.
I am on my way to the next 2ww to the first ultrasound! Stay calm, I can do this!
Thanks for all of the prayers and good vibes! Like I always say, you girls are the best-est!
** UPDATE**
I just called the RE's office and set my appointment for the first ultrasound for July 11th
(7/11, I like it). I also asked the nurse for my second beta # and she said it was 267. It more than doubled by a tiny bit but the doubling time was only about 42 hours. I am thrilled! I put those numbers into a chart I found online at we were just above the max for a singleton pregnancy for both numbers... so we shall see:)

4 comments:
This is the best news I've heard in a while I am so extremely happy for you.
That's great news. Enjoy this time and try not to worry too much...
July 11th is my birthday, must be a good sign!!!
I'm glad you called back, this is no time for them to get wishy-washy with numbers and details.
Wonderful numbers!! Im so happy for you. When do you go for an ultrasound?
Post a Comment