Wednesday, October 5, 2011

18 weeks... So Late

Well, I will be 19 weeks tomorrow but I had to do my 18 week post!!!!


Still not really feeling like I am showing yet. I wear mostly regular clothes and am anxiously awaiting the day I need to buy maternity clothes...


I am feeling pretty good. Last Friday, I had to wear a 24 hour heart monitor to check things out since every time I am in the Dr.'s office I have a mini panic attack, my pulse is always super high. I check my pulse at home and it is never as high as it is while I am there so I am just hoping the results from my 24 hour monitor come back ok.


We have our Anatomy scan scheduled for tomorrow evening. Although we already know the little one is a boy, I am anxious to hear that all is well with the important stuff. Hoping and praying he is measuring on time and all of his organs are healthy.


Then on Friday, I have my regular OB appointment. I am going every two weeks since I am considered high risk. So this is a big week full of appointments.


This week, a friend of mine is going through a miscarriage. It was her first baby and she was about 7 weeks along. My heart is just aching for her. Although she got pregnant pretty quick after they started trying, a loss is a loss. This is something I used to think about when we were trying. I always felt like a miscarriage hurt more for infertile people. I was so wrong. A baby that is lost is devastating no matter your situation.


Every time I post I just feel so lucky to be here. I am sure I sound like a broken record. I know there are so many couples out there still trying. I will never forget that pain and I pray for these couples daily.


I will update tomorrow after our scan!

1 comment:

Hoping for our own Peanut said...

I hope your scan went well and was LONG! We have ours when we return from vaca.

I totally agree about being so thankful to be here..I just cant stop thinking/saying it!!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers