
Friday I had my appointment with the high risk specialist and it went very well. They did a very in depth ultrasound, basically another anatomy scan, but this time they talked each and every part of his tiny body over with me as they went. Much more enjoyable than the first time around. The baby was measuring about 22 weeks and 3 days and I was 22 weeks and 1 day at the time. Perfect. I left there with another appointment in 6 weeks and feeling really good.
On Saturday morning, Chris and I headed to Babies R Us to start our registry. We both felt so out of place at first, but one that little scanner was in our hands we went to town. It was super fun and totally overwhelming all at once. We went section by section and Chris would check off things on our "must have" list as I scanned. A few times along the way moms would stop me and tell me what worked best and what not to bother with. It was nice of them but then I always felt more confused. We ended up only getting through half of the store and we plan to return and finish on another day.
We did find a couple of binkies that we could not wait to see if we recieved so we bought them yesterday. As Chris was paying, I walked over and returned the scanner. The lady asked if I wanted a printed copy and I said sure. She handed me the papers and it wasn't until we were in the parking lot that it hit me. We have a frakin' registry. Holy Crap.
The Babies R Us Registry and I have shared quite a past.
I have spent years driving to that very parking lot with the same routine. Walk in, look at the items by the door, print the registry out for the baby shower I am about to attend, search for the items I am going to buy, dream and compare the items I would someday register for, smile, pay, leave, attend shower, smile. For the first year or so of baby showers, it was super fun.
Then, it started to hurt more and more each time I went.
After trying for one of our own for a few years without any luck, the process would speed up a bit. Walk In, print registry, pick out items off the registry, pay, leave, attend shower.
After the miscarriage, I couldn't bare stepping foot inside of that place. I tried once and it went a little something like this:
Wait to the very last minute before the shower to head to the store, Walk in, Cry, Print Registry, Cry, Pick out items I figured I would NEVER need, Cry, Pay, Leave, Cry my face off in my car, get it together and put on a happy face for the shower.
Needless to say when I left the store yesterday with a registry in my hand that had my name on it, I was in complete and utter disbelief. It is OUR turn! We are so blessed.

3 comments:
I'm so glad it is finally your turn.
That is so awesome, CONGRATS on getting to register.
You waited long enough to be the one making a registry. Im happy the time came!
Post a Comment