On Thursday, we were exactly 19 weeks and went in for our anatomy scan....
And there is no doubt we are growin' a baby boy!Now for the experience. I was looking forward to seeing the little guy for a long time based on what I have heard from these scans. Well, it was NOTHING like I had expected.
The scan was taking place in the radiology department and a technicion was performing it, not a doctor. I was ok with this and actually it eased my nerves a bit since I would not have to see an actual doctor. Then, as soon as I got called back, Chris and I stood up and she said he would have to wait until she got the "medical part" out of the way. I figured blood pressure, weight, etc.but nope there was non of that. She had me lay on the table and started the ultrasound. She explained she would take all of the measurements and then go get "daddy". She proceeded to press, scan and then the machine would beep, over and over and over again. I knew she was measuring all of the organs but it was so nerve wracking. Press (kinda hard)... Scan... Beep. This lasted 25 minutes at least and she had the monitor turned to her the entire time. At this point, I had not seen the baby once. She wasn't talking and was just very focused on her measuring. I am sure this is so she can be accurate, but geeze, say SOMETHING lady!
Then, probably 30 minutes later she said "Ok, we are done, I am going to go get Daddy so we can get to the fun part." I was thinking "Thank Goodness because this part sucked!" When Chris came in he looked worried because it had taken so long. I am pretty sure that the length of the ultrasound was normal, from what I hear, I just expected to be watching the whole time and WITH Chris in the room.
She then showed us our little guy. We saw his spine, heart, and his cute little face and feet. She assured us that he was still a boy too! That part was much better than her taking all of the measurements. She gave us some pictures and we were on our way.
The results go a radiologist and he will look at them and I assume if there are any problems they contact me for further testing..??? She said about a week or 2...AHHHH... Now we wait. I am just praying all is perfect and right on track.



3 comments:
I remember that scan... the technician basically told us to be quiet until she did all the measurements, then she would go over everything with us. Now, I'm glad she said that so my mind wouldn't have been wondering the whole time... that should be said at the beginning as a courtesy! Sounds like you got a good report and all is on track, yay.. so close to the half-way mark! :]
Geesh, way to freak a person out. I've not been in your situation, but that doesn't sound right.
Love the pictures, can not wait to see my babies that big.
Post a Comment