We got to our appointment about 15 minutes early this morning. The nurses always thank me for being early, I guess lots of people show up late and it always messes with their schedule, but I am always early because I am anxious. They took us back early today and she gave me the usual directions and pointed to the room. Chris was automatically going in the first room on the left. But she laughed and corrected his mistake "We are gonna be in here if you want to join us" (in the second room on the left). I walked in and Chris mentioned how he didn't like this room. I agreed and let him know I had named it the "Bad News Room".
Last year, this was the room we got the bad news. No heartbeat. I remember sliding off that table in a complete fog and then touching something with my foot at the bottom and totally getting an electric shock. As if I needed another shock at that point.
Then throughout the IUI cycle every time I had my ultrasound in that room I kept hearing that the follicles were growing slowly and blah blah blah. The room is set up exactly the same, with same equipment and same feel but I just hated when they put me in there.
The first room on the left was the "Good News Room". It is the room I had my IUI. It is the room we were in last week and heard our baby's beautiful heart beating away. I wanted to be in there today.
But we weren't.
So I was nervous but also had a new and very unfamiliar feeling. Once we got in the room a sense of calmness came over me and I just had the gut feeling that this was all going to be alright. I was right. As soon as he went in he said there's the heartbeat. He let us listen again and it was a whopping 171 beats per minute this time!
The doctor said everything was looking perfect. I still have 4 cysts on my ovaries from the left over follies I am assuming but he was not concerned about this. He said they will go away, but I am still not to do any exercise of any sort. Chris made sure to ask about that kind of exercise and was denied. We are both hoping they disappear soon...
My doctor is headed out for a 2 week vacation so he said to come back August 10th for one last ultrasound. Seems so far away. Can't imagine how much the baby will change between now and then.
The best news is we now have 2 "Good News Rooms". We both changed our minds after today's appointment.

4 comments:
I know I say this almost every post but I am soooo happy for you. The picture is beautiful
I know how you feel about a room at the RE. We had that room and I would dread when they would put is in there. Seems like this pregnancy we were in there allot.
I am so excited you got to hear the heartbeat and everything looks good. Just stay relaxed and take care of your self momma....Aug 10 with be her before you know it.
I'm glad to hear that all is ok, you should preface these posts with "everything is fine". That does seem like a long wait, maybe you should consider a doppler so that you can hear the heartbeat at home whenever you need to.
Yay for 2 good news rooms!
Happy Anniverary!
Post a Comment