Saturday, July 16, 2011

Idol Concert and 7 Weeks!

Last night a group of us girls went to the Nokia Center in LA to see the American Idol top 11 tour... It was a blast. We had so much fun and the concert was actually really good. My niece was in love with a few of the boys and so we stayed after and she was able to get autographs and pictures with some of them. Oh to be 12 again, so cute!

While at dinner just before the concert, I noticed some super light brown spotting. Of course I freaked out. Not because of the amount or the color because literally it was a tiny bit and it was more tan than brown, but because I am so concerned that it will be the start of something huge... I kept leaving the table to go to the bathroom and check out my situation all while missing conversation and tons of laughs. But I was paranoid. I hate that feeling with a freaking passion. As the night went on, it was basically non-existent and I became a little bit less paranoid. I just kept thinking "Enjoy the night. There is nothing you can do at this point, so enjoy the night." By the time we got home, it was gone.

I know it is not abnormal to have these things. I just know that with my miscarriage last year it started slow and then stopped. Completely. However at my next visit, the heartbeat was gone. I have no idea if the spotting had anything to do with it (probably not) but this is my only experience with it so my brain automatically goes there.

We are approaching the 2nd ultrasound. I will be 7 weeks and 4 days. We have already heard the heartbeat. So at this point and from this point forward, we should be able to find it... maybe even a little easier each time. I am praying this is the case. I know, I should just be relieved that we have gotten this far and I most certainly am. I just think I will feel a bit more relief once we jump the next hurdle, passing the 7 weeks and a few days mark (this is when our last baby stopped growing). We are so close.

So today, I am feeling grateful to be here and hopeful to make it there (8 weeks and BEYOND!).

2 comments:

Kelli said...

Cori...so glad you were able to enjoy the concert. I am thinking nothing but the best of thoughts for you! Hope your summer is going great!!

browning2222 said...

So if I am figuring right tomorrow morning is your second ultrasound. I can't wait to read your post tomorrow. Thinking of you.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers