Saturday, February 12, 2011

I made it...with a little H.E.L.P!

I made it through the week! I didn't have a single breakdown and I was actually in a pretty good mood. I thought I would think about the fact that this week I could have been bringing home a sweet bundle of joy had everything worked out, way more than I actually did. Instead of thinking about the negative feelings and questioning whether or not I will ever become a mother, I reminded myself to count my blessings:

#1 HUBBY-I am so very excited to go pick my hubby up at the airport in a little over an hour. I can't wait to see him and give him a big huge hug and kiss. When he is away (and when he is home), it always reminds me of how blessed I am to have such an amazing man in my life. He is so supportive in every way and he truly is my best friend. He keeps me strong and aways knows what to say to make me smile.

#2 GREAT FRIENDS AND FAMILY- My family and close friends knew this week would be hard for me and kept me company all week. My best friend and I had 2 sleepovers (yes, just like we are 10 year olds). I had tons of good conversations with some of my favorite people and for this, I feel so lucky to have them all in my life.

#3 POSITIVE WORK ENVIRONMENT- I love my job. Some days I may try and deny that but I do really LOVE my job. I love watching my students grow and mature throughout the year. I am also so lucky to work with such a great group of teachers. They are all so talented and passionate about their jobs. I appreciate every single one of them. We have a large staff and I have a great working relationship with almost all of them. I know teachers that work at other schools and this is not easy to accomplish. I spend so much of my time at work and I am so glad that I can be happy while I am there.

So, this week I hung on to what makes me happy and counted my blessings. Things are good.
“The secret of happiness is to count your blessings while others are adding up their troubles”- Anonymous

3 comments:

Jen said...

I'm glad you had so much love and support around you this week, Cori! I know how much that must have meant to you this week! Thank you for your post, it reminds me of where my thoughts need to get back to!

elephantscanremember said...

That is very sweet. (hugs) It's hard to keep our blessings in mind when we don't always get what we want.

Nichole said...

What a wonderful post! So glad you made it through the week and that you have such a wonderful support system!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers