Why is it that I have this constant urge to up size everything in my life?
We currently live in a 2 bedroom/ 2 bathroom condo that is approximately 850 SQ Feet. We bought it 6 years ago as our little "starter home" for the small price of 315 thousand dollars!! At the time, we felt it was a good decision to buy something instead of renting just to get our foot in the door with the ever rising housing market in Southern California. Well, we all know what the market did next... now the condo is worth about half of what we paid for it. Awesome.
Initially, we thought it would be cool to keep it and rent it out once we could afford our "Family Home". Plus we love to entertain. We still manage to have people over for game nights and parties but, I am SO ready for a bigger place, a yard, more bedrooms, a kitchen that we can both be in at the same time without looking like we are getting fresh with each other etc. Of course I also would love to have at least one of those bedrooms filled with cribs and baby clothes but that seems far fetched.
I also would love to get a bigger car. I have a Volvo S60 right now. I love it, don't get me wrong. It is super sporty and cute. It's just really small. Although it is a 4 door, the backseat is tiny. I would love to have an SUV and have to drive my kids around to their dance classes, baseball practices you name it...
My problem is, we don't have a need for any up sizing. It is still just the two of us. We don't need a bigger house with more bedrooms. We have our room and an office. We also don't need a bigger car. He drives and I sit shotgun. We should just go out and get a two seater in all reality.
I can't wait until we need all of these things. I want to shop for a family home and a family car because we need it.
For now, we will just be happy with what we have. After all it is Just Us.

1 comment:
Oh Cori, here's to hoping you need lots and lots more space very soon. Think of you!
Post a Comment