Thursday, January 6, 2011

Girls Day at the Grove

Hubby out of town on business + wife still on vacation= Major shopping day with the ladies...Yesterday was a super fun day. My best friend (my true BFF since 1st grade) and I took our moms to the Grove, a huge outdoor mall in Beverly Hills. I LOVE it there! People from out of state usually ask if we see movie stars all the time where we live and we always laugh because it's pretty rare being that LA is a HUGE over- populated city. However, when at the Grove, it is not as uncommon. Many times stars will be there just shopping and hanging out. Unless TMZ is also "hanging" out :) So we always keep our eyes peeled when we are at the Grove. Well, yesterday we had a ton of fun watching our Moms be Extras on the show EXTRA. Seconds after walking into the mall, we lost our moms and looked around for a few seconds only to find them face to face and high-fiving with this young man...

That's right AC Slater! AKA Mario Lopez. It was hilarious only because they had gotten thrown into being extras for his show that was going to be on later that night and they were front and center. Of course my friend and I were laughing and snapping pics while in shock at how SHORT the guy is in real life. He is sooooo cute but so very short! I am thinking no taller than like 5'5. The dude looked so huge to me on Saved by the Bell! HAHA
My Mom is the one right behind him with a total "cheese" smile. Way to play it cool mom!
So they hung with him for about 20 minutes and then it was time for his Starbucks break and off he went. (rough life)

So first stop: Mario Lopez, Second stop: Amazing Semi- Annual sale at the hugest Victoria Secret I have ever shopped in... We all scored and had to make a trip back to the car to drop off our good stuff before continuing on with our shopping excursion.


This is a picture of my second family... my Best friend, Carissa, is all the way to the right, her mom is in the middle and her sister is on the far left. Love them.


Third stop: lunch at a fantastic Italian Restaurant, YUM




Us being silly while taking a look at the bill.



My feet were killing by the end of the day (sign of an excellent shopping adventure) and it took us an hour and a half to get home (only about 25 miles) but it was definitely worth it. We came home and watched EXTRA and did see a bunch of clips with my mom right behind Mario. Good times. I have one more full week off. I don't want to go back to work. I want to get paid to shop. In fact, I am going to go look into that right now.

No comments:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers