Monday, January 31, 2011

Another date with the RE...

I had another ultrasound today and it went well. I was really thinking he would find that the two cysts had grown, but this was not the case. The cyst on my left ovary was gone and the one on my right had shrunk. I was shocked.

He also said I have follicles on each ovary. 12.5 mm on the right and 10.5 mm on the left. I am supposed to start the OPKs on Thursday and continue them until Saturday. If I don't get a positive (I never do) I have an appointment scheduled for 9 AM on Saturday to check the growth and then trigger if needed. I feel more confident about this cycle now than I did last week.

However, now we have a new challenge... The hubby is scheduled to leave for Alaska for a business trip on Tuesday the 8th and he will be gone for 5 days. SO, I am really hoping I can trigger Saturday night and we can make it happen Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday morning if needed. If I trigger any later, we could miss it. In which case, I have already told my husband I will just go find a random to do the job. Just kidding. But seriously? The timing sucks. Usually his trips are within driving distance and I can either drive and stay with him in the hotel or he can just come home if needed. But this is Alaska people. That is not workable. I am just hoping it all works out. I don't plan on stressing about it (I'll let you know how that goes).

This also means he is going to be gone on what would have been my due date (February 10th) and the days surrounding it. I know this should not be a huge deal and I feel silly still referring to it as such, but that day will stick with me forever. It was the day I thought my entire life would change and my dream of becoming a mommy would finally come true. I really want to be able to move forward and think positively for our future so I am going to focus on that. Who knows I could have another BFP in a couple weeks. That could help me get my mind of things for sure!

1 comment:

Nichole said...

Glad that the cysts are gone/shrinking and that is great news about the follicles! I hope the timing works for you this month and you get the BFP you deserve!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers