Monday, April 4, 2011

More Fertile People...

I have been hearing tons of pregnancy announcements lately. Some from people that have actually been trying for a baby and some that were on birth control (WTF). Some from people that have jobs, are married and can provide for their baby and some that don't have jobs, aren't married and can barely provide for themselves. I try so hard not to be bitter. I know I have been so blessed with an amazing husband, family and life in general. It just still hurts. It is just still so crazy to me that 2 19 year olds can have sex (while she is on the pill) and somehow get pregnant when not even trying. And WE (I am talking about me and all of you) can't get knocked up with the help of tons of drugs, planning, and technology. Just seems backwards. I know it will work out at just the right time. I need to have more patience for Fertile People. It is not their fault that we can't get pregnant.

5 comments:

Miss Mac said...

It's hard to fight the bitter bug sometimes when you hear those stories! I wrote a blog post a long time ago about being behind three teen moms having a conversation that made me want to scream right then and there at the Wal-mart photo center! It's also hard to work in a school... always a pregnancy announcement, always a family that has 5+ kids who are not involved in their education...I meant to comment here to encourage but here I go joining right along. However, hold on to your words... it will work out at just the right time! I can't remember if I've commented here before... if not, hi from Mac and PC. I'm a former 5th grade teacher and my hubby is in foodservice sales:]

Nink said...

You completely hit it on the nose. It's not their fault that we can't get pregnant. We can't look at them with such angry eyes because it's not their fault this is happening to us. It's so hard, though, when people who so clearly are not ready to be parents or don't want to be parents become pregnant, and then we have to spend thousands of dollars pumping ourselves with hormones and going through countless procedures, and we still can't get pregnant. I guess all we can do is wait for God's perfect timing, right? :)

Jen said...

I know how hard that can be... I just hope and pray that you have an announcement very soon! Did you guys decide, are you doing iui tuis cycle?

Kelli said...

Hi Cori! I just came across your blog through ICLW... what you said ..it's not their fault we can't get pregnant is so true..I need to try to look at it more that way. It still sucks though doesn't it?! And in my blog reading...why oh why does it seem like there are so many teachers on here?? oh the irony...! I teach kindergarten!

Kelli said...

oops or not through ICLW but someone else's..either way..I'm following your journey now =0)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers